Maximize your Technology Leadership
Every company needs technology leadership as it grows and expands. Traditionally, a CTO or CIO has been a full-time gig, with one person at the helm of all technology decisions.
Today, with technology changing and pivoting at high speeds, there are many circumstances where on-demand IT expertise is helpful and even necessary. In these cases, a part-time IT consultant or “Fractional” IT Executive is a practical and cost-effective alternative.
When should you hire a Fractional CTO?
Here are 5 reasons to consider a part-time IT consultant for your current IT needs:
- You need immediate expertise. A Fractional CTO will contribute from day one since they will not need extensive training to bring them up to speed. They can step in and share their expertise with an unbiased lens to help lead your team, launch your initiatives, or plan for growth.
- You want to IT mentorship for your team. Growing companies often have talented but inexperienced team members that they want to promote into positions of more responsibility. A highly knowledgeable executive mentor is a great way to effectively train the next generation of leadership at your company.
- You want to avoid mistakes: When you are launching a new initiative, vendor selection and technology roll-out are at risk of mistakes and delays. By bringing in someone who has successfully completed a similar initiative, you greatly reduce the risk of making the wrong choice and slowing down your project.
- You are on a budget: For companies in the early and growth stages, hiring a full time CTO may be cost prohibitive. A part-time executive can fill in the gaps and manage the team until hiring a full-time IT executive makes sense.
- You need help with a technology roadmap: Just like explorers who need a good map, technology teams function better with a clear and accurate view of the next 3 to 5 years. Executives who have a background in your industry and technology needs are hard to find. A part-time CTO can efficiently fill the role. In particular, a fractional executive who has current experience is more effective because they are up-to-date on the latest technologies and trends.
Captive Eight has a network of hundreds of senior, working technology executives from many industries, technology backgrounds, and specialties available as IT consultants. Our TiVIZORS have the experience and knowledge to become a Fractional IT Executive for a company like yours.